Our Consulting Services
Contracts and Acquisitions Support
Contracts and Acquisitions Support
Orion Consulting Group, Inc., located in Derwood, MD, provides contracts and acquisition expertise to the Federal Government as part of our pre-award and post-award process requirements. The contract/acquisition support personnel are fully versed in the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and agency-specific regulations in order to provide our clients maximum efficiency in the completion of their tasks and reduce the time required for successful contract award.
OCGI provides Contract Processor, Acquisition Technician/Specialist, Finance/Budget Processor and Contract Proposal Auditor support services to perform contracts/acquisition tasks, both pre and post-award.
These personnel serve on teams under Contracting Officers in order to assist with administration and modification of all contract types, the preparation of all contract documentation prior to award, as well as the auditing of both proposals and contractor accounting systems, in compliance with DCAA regulations. OCGI personnel provide the following pre-award functions:
- Acquisition Plan Preparation
- Assist with IGCE Preparation
- CAR Preparation
- Contract Award Distribution
- Contract Award Preparation Including Inclusion of All Clauses
- Performance Work Statements (PWS)
- Prepare Documents for Contracting Officer for Negotiations
- Prepare Procurement Data Package Documents: D&F, J&A, Salient Characteristics, Evaluation Criteria, QASP, DD254
- Pricing and Costing Work
- Proposal Review and Analysis
- Service Acquisition Strategy Preparation
- Subcontracting Plan Review
- Vendor Market Research
- Weighted Guidelines
OCGI personnel provide the following post-award functions to the government:
- Contract Closeout
- Ensuring All Payments Made/Received
- Government Property Disposition
- Unliquidated Obligation
This high level of support reduces the overall workload on the Government contracting personnel and ensures that they are available for the inherently Government functions associated with contract awards.
OCGI covers a broad area of financial consulting needs, from financial analysis and consulting services for individual clients, to Government cost analysis and financial audits for large Government contracts, to accounting/billing/bookkeeping services. OCGI can assist private sector companies in setting up accounting systems that are DCAA-compliant and can withstand Federal audits for cost-type Government contracts.
OCGI personnel provide the following financial support services:
- Analyze Vendor Cost Accounting Systems in Accordance with DCAA Regulations (for cost-type contracts)
- Financial Administration (to include tracking and monitoring of commitments, obligations, transfers and disbursements of specific accounting and appropriation data, as well as trend analysis)
- Perform Cost Analysis of Vendor Proposals and Prepare Written Analysis for Government Evaluation of Bids and Offers
- Review DCAA Audit Summaries and Make Recommendations for Cost Overrun Requests
Our Business Development Specialists are able to provide an analysis of both cost and technical proposals to either commercial or Federal customers in order to win contracts (commercial) or assist in the recommendation for contract awards to the vendor who provides “best value” (Government). They are also able to make recommendations for overall business process improvement to increase an organization’s overall efficiency.
OCGI provides the following business development and proposal support services, on an as-needed basis, in a consultant capacity:
- Assist in Development or Revision of Cost and Technical Proposals
- Assist in Making Bid/No-Bid Determinations for Contract Opportunities
- Provide Business Development and Business Process Improvement Services (in order to make written recommendations for overall business process improvement and increased organizational efficiency)
- Review Cost and Technical Proposals for Submission to Federal Government for Possible Award to Ensure Compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Government Cost Reasonableness (through in-depth cost analysis in accordance with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) regulations, or as applicable)
By identifying and capturing key personnel who are extensively familiar with both Government and DoD acquisition regulations to serve as advisors, OCGI ensures that companies who wish to do business with the Federal Government have a competitive advantage with regard to the high quality of their bids and proposals. Our consultants serve the roles of business development specialists, as well as proposal writers and reviewers, eliminating the need for small to mid-sized companies to expend unnecessary financial resources to hire full-time teams.